Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing #23 Summerizing the program

    1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

    I enjoyed learning about many of the Web 2.0 tools that I had heard of but never used. Taking each tool and working with it helped me understand that so many of the tools are user friendly and can be used successfully in educational settings.

    2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

    This program made me acutely aware that keeping up with the digital world is imperative for all of us as educators.

    3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

    I cannot say that I had any surprises other than the fact that I was able to manage so many different tools without a tremendous amount of difficulty. I felt challenged, but the tools are not too difficult to understand. I will take away the knowledge to use and share the tools with teachers and students.

    4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?

    I truly enjoyed being able to work at my own pace, especially since I had such a late start. Each "Thing" was so well explained that working alone from home was not impossible. I will say that I wish I had started earlier so I could have attended the workshops that were offered. I look at other blogs and I realize that I have some shaping up to do. I have "Things" I would like to include in my blog, but will go back after I finish the course to do so. I would participate next year if the course is offered. I will start sooner.


    How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?

    A truly valuable learning experience...

    Thank you so very much to our Kickball Captains for creating and hosting this workshop. I have truly enjoyed my adventure with Web 2.0. I am already going back through the elements for more discovery about the tools. I look forward to the next Library2Play event.





1 comment:

  1. Glad it was a succesful trip to the playground for you! Hope you will continue to share with us thru your blog!

    ReplyDelete