Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thing #12 Creating Community Through Commenting

This has been a challenge and I am still not sure I have all the information I need about commenting. Mostly, I gather that when a person comments they would like to hear back regarding the comment. Also, I think there are guidelines about posting a comment, but based on many comments I have read over the last year, most people do not follow them. I posted comments to five Library2Play participants (two from my school distinct, Aldine) and to LibraryThing and CoolCatTeacher blog. The CoolCatTeacher blog has some wonderful advice for starting the school year. This would be helpful to all teachers but also to new teachers. I am not sure how I came across this blog for educators but it is a good one that I have in my Reader. For LibraryThing I commented on a book I really enjoyed reading this summer: Sweethearts by Sara Zarr. If you have not read this YA fiction novel I highly recommend it. I am looking forward to Story of A Girl. I am always challenged by Bill O'Reilly who wants only "pithy" comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment