Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thing #2 Life Long Learning

1. Begin with the end in mind
2. Accept responsibility for yourown learning
3. View problems as challenges
4. Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner
5. Create your own learning toolbox
6. Use technology to your advantage
7. Teach/mentor others
7 1/2. Play



Easy
-I have confidence that I am a competent and effective learner and I enjoy learning and teaching others, as well.

Difficult-I have trouble viewing problems as challenges. I will have to practice changing my viewpoint when faced with problems, viewing the problem as a learning experience.

Regarding the toolbox: I tell my students that they are on a journey. They need to put their learned skills in a suitcase so that when they arrive at their destination they will have all the skills they need for college, for work, or for life. I guess the toolkit is the same analogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment