Monday, July 27, 2009

Thing #7 Google

I visited all of the Google links. I am a frequent user of GoogleEarth as my daughter and her husband recently moved to Japan and I have been using GoogleEarth to look at her new home. I did learn about several other features including the history feature and the under the ocean feature. I know there are many classroom applications but I have not seen how these are used. I will spend more time with GoogleEarth later. I did set up an iGoogle page. I spent time in AtomicLearning as there are many lessons that teachers can use and adapt for their subject areas. I am especially interested in the 21st century applications. I like the fact that students can save work in iGoogle. However, our students may not access email from school so I am wondering if this will be a problem. Bringing technology into the classroom is a challenge for all of us, but Google is helping to bridge the gap. The tools from Google seem endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment