Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing #14 Technorati

About Technorati: categorizing posts on blogs. I can see that there is a need to categorize tags and grouping them together is useful, as well. For bloggers who are blogging all the time and for those who wish to make money from blogging, I can see the value. I can also see the value for finding tags that are of interest to you. However, time spent in Technorati could be overwhelming, with all of the different tags floating around in all the clouds. A keyword search resulted in finding more than 700 posts for School Library Learning 2.0. Who has time for browsing all of the posts? Perhaps keeping abreast of what is going on in the world is a plus for Technorati, but I do think it is most valuable for very serious bloggers or a quick way to find out what someone thinks about something other than the usual "professional" opinion. I wish I could hear some discussion on this "Thing." I feel certain that there are many opinions about the value and purpose. I tried to add a Technorati cloud, but failed. I will try later when I have finished Thing #23.

No comments:

Post a Comment